Against the backdrop of the background, antecedents and character of some people who are being pushed forward by the Cabal whose interest have never aligned with that of the general good, We, The TODAY & TOMORROW of ONNA LGA have decided to bring to the table, crucial matters as they are and would be tomorrow. There’s this ominous air in Onna, occasioned by the feedback from the activities of the Cabal which are not progressive atall. There’s a tomorrow that the Cabal, the elders are not making plans for.
The general election is at the corner and we dare to ask the following questions;
1. During the 2015 electioneering period, what was the individual contributions of those who are today scrambling to become chairman either by hook or crook to the electoral process in Onna?
2. While Akparawa Ephraim Inyang-eyen, Obong Uforo Udonsek, Obonganwan Mercy Cephas Ucho and Prince Akan Gibson Umanah were up and doing(using their different platforms to mobilise great support to enhance the Governor’s chances of victory), where were the others? There were reports, still fresh in our minds, of those who had their hands dripping with the oil of treachery. They were with us in the day and with the opposition camps in the night. They sold our strategies for fast food and diverted funds meant for mobilisation and campaigns. Now, that some people in government are pushing these sort of characters for Chairmanship, is it not possible that the rumour of sabotage is true?
3. All those who worked truly for the Governor’s emergence have been given what they demanded, what of the Grassroot? Prince Akaninyene Gibson, why is the system fighting him? As a representative of the Onna Youths and the Grassroot, shouldn’t he be supported for the chairmanship office, as a compensation for the hardworking youths and people of ONNA? Transformation Initiative, New Breed, Credible Women have all been settled, what of Greater Onna General Assembly (GOGA)? The first giant billboard for Udom was mounted by Prince Akan Gibson. The first rally in support of Udom, TV adverts, radio jingles etc, does a vibrant, hardworking youth not deserve reward in Onna?
5. Those who are selfishly still pushing the Nung Ndem Agenda and profiteering from it, how much of the Governor’s interest in 2019 do they have? How many votes does Nung Ndem have to give to the Governor? How many did they give in 2015? It should be highlighted here that Nung Ndem has 5 villages and 21 polling units while Oniong has 16 villages and 50 polling units. Does our “stakeholders” know this or have chosen to ignore this significant fact?
6. Are we aware that the opposition wait to reap from the mistakes made at this LG poll? Are we aware that the Fed Govt is controlled by the APC and INEC with other forces concerned with the conduct of that crucial election and to win, one must have the Grassroot, staunchly on his side?
In summary, Onna LGA believes in Akan Gibson because they’ve worked with him, he lives with them, he knows and has solved their problems without asking for anything in return, he has been an inspiration to them and given them hope. He is patriotic and has the capacity to deliver.
WHY CAN’T WE IGNORE SENTIMENTS AND ALLOW THIS WILLING-TO-SERVE, SELFLESS SERVANT AN OPPORTUNITY TO HOLD THE BASIN FOR US ALL AND WASH OUR FEET?
We, THE TODAY & TOMORROW of ONNA are watching the missteps of our stakeholders and where they falter, we are determined to take our destiny in our hands!!
God bless Prince Akan Gibson! God bless Gov. Udom Emmanuel!! God bless Onna LGA!!!
Written by the Onna Grassroot Movement(OGM)