Trail Reporters

Exclusive details on the death of the Acting Executive Director, Finance and Administration of the Niger Delta Development Commission Interim Management Committee has been uncovered.

Contrary to the belief that Ibanga Etang died of alleged food poisoning, more than 24 hours after his death, Trail Reporters investigation reveals that, the EDFA, Mr.Ibanga Etang, who at one point was the Chairman of Esit Eket local government and later appointed Special Assistant to Akwa Ibom State Governor, was sick.

We painstakingly gathered that, Ibanga Etang who has not been in office in the last one week, was sick and was never taken to any hospital or isolation center, but he went to a church in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State Capital, which is alleged to be owned by Bishop Josephine Eggah, where he is a member.

Dependable sources who spoke with our Reporter said, Ibanga stayed in the church for days, receiving prayers from the Bishop. It was when his lungs were affected, that he was immediately moved from Uyo to Braithwaite Memorial hospital in Port Harcourt, where he was tested of COVID 19. The rush for ventilator and oxygen could not save him, as he was reported dead.

Further findings revealed that, Bishop Josephine Eggah, had also left for Port Harcourt to continue her prayers for him, when he was pronounced dead.

A source who spoke with our medium said, the Church should be decontaminated or shut, for holding up a sick patient against government directive.

Recollect that, since the birth of democracy in 1999 till date, Ibanga Etang is the fifth former Chairman of Esit Eket local government to have died, after the late Udoh Edukere, Chief Nelson Iwang, Imo Udobia and Victor Bassey.

When our Reporter contacted the General Overseer, Bishop Josephine Eggah for comments, she did not take her calls nor reply to the sms sent to her to respond to the allegations of keeping a sick person in her church premises as at press time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *