Arising from its meeting on April 15, 2017, the APC Unity Group, a Core Group within the APC, made up of all the tendencies in Delta State Chapter of the Party, among other things, do hereby draw your attention to the ugly trend and a culture of impunity that is growing around your trusted men who are bent on destroying the party in the State.
For sake of clarity we wish to make the following observations:
1. It is on record that the APC in Delta State supported your Presidential ambition from its inception, and committed both human and material resources to ensure that the APC won all the elections in Delta State. However, it is equally on record that the desperate actions taken by the PDP in the 2015 elections to ensure that they win all the States in the South-South geo-political zone, rendered the elections in Delta State a sham and a demonstration of electoral rascality and impunity. State apparatus was massively deployed to ensure that all the results were written in favor of the PDP.
2. However, subsequent development in the State after 2015 saw a massive movement of members from the ruling PDP to the APC, and the coming together of all other progressive forces. There is therefore, no denying the fact that presently, the APC is the most formidable party in Delta State as at today. Against all odds, the members of the APC Delta State have remained resolute in their support of your administration in all ramifications.
3. In the face of massive intimidation from members of the PDP in the 2015 General Elections, it came to us as a surprise that all the Federal appointments from the APC led Government under your watch have been given to known members of the PDP in the State. The most recent, shocking and embarrassing case is that of a serving Special Adviser to the Governor of Delta State, Prof. Saliba Mukoro who has just been appointed by you as Chairman, French Language School, a parastatal under the Ministry of Education.
4. There is no criteria that was used for that appointment, that is not in abundance within the party in Delta State.
5. Again, as if that was not enough, Alex Okoh who was arraigned at an Ikeja High Court in 2013 for alleged transfer of N4.7billion on behalf of former governor James Ibori as preferred against them by the EFCC, has just being appointed as the DG, Bureau of Public Enterprise. What face of the party are we showing to the world? Your Excellency, we are still in coma over these glaring attempts to ridicule the party in the State.
6. It would be recalled that under the leadership of the APC National Vice Chairman, Ntufam Hilliard Etta, the Party compiled names of appointable and qualified men and women from the South-South geopolitical zone, who were thoroughly screened for appointment by the President. Those names are now being swooped for PDP members.
7. Our investigations further revealed that some powerful figures in the Presidency have been playing the role of moles on behalf of the PDP. These persons have taken it upon themselves to ridicule and batter the image of the founding fathers of the APC in Delta State, giving the impression that the Party is not on ground and thus making every effort to replace the names of APC members submitted for appointment with members of the PDP.
On the basis of the above observations the APC Unity Group would like to make the following passionate appeal to your Excellency:
a. That all the recent appointments from Delta State which were obviously made without due consultation and clearance from the APC hierarchy should be cancelled.
b. We humbly demand that the National Chairman of the APC, His Excellency, Chief Odigie Oyegun should meet Mr. President with a clean copy of the list for Appointments submitted by the National Vice Chairman of the Party, South-South zone.
c. That the members of the Unity Group, and in fact the entire membership of the APC in Delta State are ready to lay down their lives for the victory of the Party in all subsequent elections in the State, but that this goal cannot be achieved if those who labored to ensure the existence and survival of the Party in the State are not empowered to confront the dwindling and disunited ruling PDP in the State.
d. That Your Excellency should kindly fish out the moles in the Presidency who are hell bent on destroying the APC in Delta State. These highly placed individuals are prepared to go all length in ensuring that no member of the APC in Delta State is given a Federal appointment. This is evident from the fact that of the fifty man list submitted for appointment by the APC National Vice Chairman that was later reduced; only one has been appointed out of the eight appointments that have come to the State.
e. Delta State APC is endowed with a pool of seasoned technocrats, experienced politicians with democratic credentials and highly skilled professionals in all fields of endeavor from which Your Excellency can draw, for appointment to any Federal Agency or Ministry.
In conclusion, members of the APC Unity Group, and indeed the entire membership of the APC in Delta State are not only in full support of your administration, we are fully committed to the success of the Party in all future elections in the State.
We want to use this medium to salute the efforts of the National Chairman, National Vice Chairman, South-South zone, leadership of the party in the State, members of the Delta Unity Group and all those who contributed towards uniting the Party for victory.
The efforts of these individuals and organs of the Party have led to the coming on board of the likes of Chief Great Ogboru, Hon Victor Ochie, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege and many more who have indicated their interest to defect to the APC
Your Excellency Sir, these efforts can only be sustained if appointments are drawn from the pool of eminent and qualified men and women of the APC who understands the administration policies and programs.
Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!!
Long live the APC of Nigeria!!!
Long live Delta State.!!!
DELTA APC UNITY GROUP
Olorogun (Hon) Solomon Edojah Barr C. M Ashibougwu
Hon (Barr) Omasan M. Agbajoh
Delta Central Delta North
Hon (Barr) Julius Okpoko Hon Leo Esegbue
Dr. David T. Ejenobo Comrade Gabriel Ohai
Hon. M.M Mukoro Mr. Michael Chinye
Hon (Barr) Joe Arausi
Barr Missan Kubeinje
Mr. Emmanuel Oki