A CALL TO CHANNEL THE DESOPADEC SECURITY FUNDS MEANT FOR DELTA STATE YOUTHS INTO A VISIBLE AND ALL INCLUSIVE BENEFITING PROJECTS AND AN URGENT NEED TO STOP THE SHARING OF THE FUNDS TO THE YOUTHS IN THE NAME OF “OPERATION FEED YOUR NEIGHBOUR”.
Your Excellency, first I want to appreciate your strategic efforts so far in ensuring that the youths of Delta State under your watch benefit from the SMART Agenda through series of programmes ranging from Youth Agricultural Entrepreneurs Program (YAGEP) to Skills Training and Entrepreneurship Program (STEP) and many other initiatives put in place by your administration.
Your Excellency, it is important I call your attention to the disunity occasioned and/or orchestrated by the undemocratic sharing of money to the youths from ethnic nationalities that falls under the range of Oil & Gas Producing Areas in the name of “Operation Feed your Neighbour”, an act considered as an abuse of democratic processes.
While the need to stop the sharing of money amongst the youths has become necessary, Deltans are not unaware that the initiative started from your predecessor, His Excellency, Dr. Emmanuel Ewanta Uduaghan, an initiative we learnt was brought to the fore solely aimed at settling his weapons of mass destruction during electioneering periods and Deltans are asking questions already whether you share the same vision of sharing money with your predecessor as pointed out above.
The sharing of the said money seems to have become a constituted and gazetted normal routine hence, I call your attention to the following:
1. That Deltans are not unaware that the said process is corrupt, unhealthy to your SMART Agenda and the abuses is unleashing to the sensibilities, ethics and tenets of true practice of democracy.
2. That Deltans are not unaware that from onset, the leaders through which these monies are disbursed have turned the said money being expected on a monthly basis into an additional business venture where making profits is a do or die affair.
3. That Deltans are not unaware that the initiative has kept the few beneficiaries and other expectant youths on a lazy and unproductive lane in the comity of nations.
4. That Your Excellency should beware of the implications of sharing monies to youths who are doing nothing because it increases the risk of youth restiveness and criminality in our communities, should they get disappointed by any leader delegated to do so.
His Excellency might have been aware through his Electronic Media Aides that just within a period of months when there was delay in sharing this money as usual, the ever expectant youths took to the social media in protest, pointing accusing fingers to their leaders who are also members of your cabinet.
5. That Deltans are equally not unaware that the said money is been benefited by very few and the same set of youths on monthly basis.
6. That this act of sharing money is appalling and offensive as this sharing money initiative has brought a about disunity amongst our youths who have turned themselves into enemies due to the actions and in-actions of the State Government and the State Government under your watch pretends not seeing the dangers it poses.
7. Am using this medium to appeal to Your Excellency, Sen. Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa to as a matter of urgency, put an immediate stop to this unhealthy and undemocratic abuse of resources and channel them into skill acquisition programs for the benefit of jobless youths from the affected areas.
8. In line with submission number seven (7) above, I urge Your Excellency, to consider using the said monthly funds to erect skill acquisition centres for the youths where they can be trained on basis deem fit by the government under your watch and I also urge you to consult widely before taking or continuing with decisions taken by past administrations.
9. I suggest that a Trust Fund be established for this purpose and monies saved therein to avoid the fracas brewing between the youths and their various leaders, leader who we learnt are ever ready, willing and able to politic with the said funds upon its monthly arrival.
10. I urge your Excellency, to take decisions that will become a landmark achievements and could be left behind as part of your administration’s legacies.
11. I appreciate your Excellency as Deltans await you to put this demonstration of madness to a constructive end.
Comr. Chukwuemeke K. Victor – MDP is a Media Activist and a Human Right Evangelist